ICAR’s 17th Annual Symposium
Aggregates: Asphalt Concrete, Portland Cement
Concrete, Bases, and Fines
The 17th ICAR Symposium “Aggregates: Asphalt Concrete, Portland Cement Concrete, Bases and Fines” will be held at the University of Texas at Austin Pickle Research Campus Commons, 10100 Burnet Road, Austin, Texas, May 4-5, 2009. The Pickle Research Campus is located eight miles north of UT’s main campus. Hotels and restaurants are conveniently located. Details will be published soon, but for your planning purposes, the symposium will begin at 9:00 AM Monday, May 4 and will terminate at mid-afternoon Tuesday, May 5.
Expect a comprehensive program addressing aggregates issues of great value to industry, DOT, and contractor personnel engaged in pavement design, construction, maintenance, and management.
Registration Fee: $400 ($200 government and university, $1000 exhibitors) This fee covers slide handouts, two lunches, and morning and afternoon breaks. Registration will be through the UT Center for Lifelong Engineering Education. Please register at the following link:
Here is the link to the registration web page for the ICAR symposium:
The following are hotels within a two-mile radius of the Pickle Campus:
- Hyatt Summerfield Suites Austin/Aboretum; 10001 N. Capitol of Texas
Highway; (512) 342-8080; breakfast. Single Rate $85; Double Rate $105;
Triple/Quad Rate $115. Code: icaicab
- Residence Inn Austin; 3713 Tudor Blvd; (512) 502-8200; breakfast
Single Rate $114; Double $134. Use link to reserve room:
- Marriott Courtyard Austin NW; 9409 Stonelake Blvd; (512)
502-8100; breakfast at additional cost. Single Rate $114; Double $124.
Use Link to reserve Room:
- Fairfield Inn & Suites NW; 11201 N. Mopac Expressway (512) 527-0734;
- Hyatt Place Austin; 3612 Tudor Blvd; (512) 231-8491; shuttle/breakfast;
$99; Code: ICAR
- Homestead Studio Suites Austin; 9100 Waterford Centre Blvd; 837-6677;
restaurant within walking distance
- Springhill Suites Austin NW; 10936 Stonelake Blvd; (512) 349-0444;
- Towneplace Suites by Marriott; 10024 N. Capitol of Texas North; (512)